Sunday, August 28, 2005

Why your card look so old?

Holy fuckin' crap, it's true.
The black card, it exists.
I saw my brother's fiancee's sister's husband paying the Yumcha bill with it yesterday afternoon.
What do you mean what is a black card? It's the American Express Centurion Card.
Launched in late 1999, Centurion is given out by invitation only to customers who spend at least $150,000 a year on other AmEx cards and meet other requirements. The chosen cardholders pay an annual fee of $2,500.
And you have no spending limit. Rumours have that you can buy a Learjet on the spot. Ok, maybe a Porsche.
You get access into any airport lounge, free compliment first class tickets. Members can even receive upgrades at hotels like the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Banyan Tree and Hyatt.
With a flash of the card, and DKNY, Cerrutti, Celine and Valentino will arrange for private after hours shopping sessions.
In short, the card is all about status. Pure and Simple.
So I guess the question is, can I floss my teeth with the black card? I can even imagine some place that would accuse the card of being fake. Tee hee.