Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sticky for summer?

I need to write some Haiku's for my Copywriting folio.
No I wasn't swearing you uneducated dork. Haiku, (sometimes Hokku, it's complicated) is a form of Japanese poem, which consists of a pattern of 5, 7, 5 syllables. It also needs kigo, a word to describe or suggest the season of which the Hokku was set.
Example of classic Hokku (by Basho):

古池や蛙飛込む水の音 
Furu ike ya kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto
An old pond;
A frog jumps in—
The sound of water

Of course, it's difficult to follow the 5-7-5 rule in English. Therefore, the rules are slightly different.
How so? Hello? I'm only a university student. You expect me to know everything? Go find out yourself!
While writing my Haiku's, a part of me just thought: this is fucking bullshit. A kid can write a better Haiku than me.
So fed up! How's this:

Quick you go fly kite;
I shall stand here pick my nose-
Wow it's a big one.

Cheh. But it does sound like a swear word: 'You stupid Haiku you!' 'Take one more step and I'll Haiku the shit out of you!' 'Hai, hai, hai, Haiku your ass!'