Monday, January 30, 2006

Dark matter

After being in the state of photosynthesis* for a whole afternoon, I decided to go jogging during the evening.
The stadium was kinda packed.
It was not until the 3rd lap that I realised out of the 40 people walking/running on the tracks, I was the only Chinese.
I broke into a cold sweat, which mixed with my hot sweat and started vapourising. Oklah, I was exaggerating.
Another few laps later, some 'Tai Chi' uncles started coming in and walked slowly that made me felt less threatened.
And then I felt depressed. I must be the only pathetic 22 year old that jogged on the second day of Chinese New Year.
But at least the Chinese are enjoying themselves.


*Photosynthesis. n. The process in green plants and certain other organisms by which carbohydrates are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water using light as an energy source. Most forms of photosynthesis release oxygen as a byproduct.