Friday, March 31, 2006

Goodbye Jackie


My own wall of insipiration.

Jackie was my copywriting lecturer last year.
I didn't actually interact much with her. At first I thought she looked like Professor Snape from Harry Potter.
Plus she's scary. If she finds your idea's crap, she'll say 'That's shit!' in front of the whole class. So most of the time I'd avoid her.
She made us pin up all our ideas on the wall and go through them one by one. She called it 'the wall of vomit'.
Not until I started working on the British Designers and Art Director's competition then we corresponded more often.
She's still quite brutal. But you really feel like 100 dollars when she said "That looks great. Do it and I'll send it off. "
Now she's been promoted and has to leave the faculty. Apparently some office politics. I don't know. It's just confusing.
I'll feel kinda lost without her. Then again, I've been feeling lost since D&AD was over a week ago.
Have you ever spent so much time doing something, that when it's over you don't feel like doing anything else?
I have an assignment due tomorrow, but I just don't feel like it's important anymore. Damn you D&AD competition.