Saturday, April 01, 2006

Remember, remember, the 5th of November


The poster looks more like an ad for barbers.

Ok, I have to admit I was really sceptical about another movie of a masked comic superhero. Think Spawn, think Zorro, think Hulk.

Then again, I'm such a weak sucker that once someone tells me the movie is awesome, I'd watch it.
Especially if that person is a girl.
I mean, hey, if a girl'd say an action movie is awesome, that'd mean something, right? Just like if a meatlover tells you that a certain restaurant serves good carrot, it has to be some hell of a carrot, no?
Anyway. V for Vendetta is one of the year's better movies. That's a pretty bold statement, I know.
If you were to tell me you didn't like it after watching it, I'll judge poorly on you.That's how good it is.
Meanwhile, I can't help thinking of someone across the world is blogging about how shit the movie was and if someone liked it he must be a retard, stupid, tasteless etc.
I like how stupid people call other people dumb. I like to see fat people calling others obese, short people regarding other as midgets etc. The paradox is hillarious. Speaking of which, here's my favourite line of the movie:

Who--who are you?
Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask.
I can see that.
Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Hugo Weaving should be given a medal for this movie, although he's behind the mask for 137 minutes of the movie.
Mr. Smith is so sexy. Grrar. So was the bald Natalie. Actually no, I still like my girl with long, straight, silky hair. Fine, just hair then.