Saturday, September 02, 2006

How's your sneeze?

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. A lot of you do ask me this from time to time and I'm not picking on anyone at all.
For some miraculous reason, I've been jogging for over a year now and quite often I bump into people that I know of before, during or after my run. And 4 out of 5 times, they'll ask me:

So how's your run?

What kind of a question is that?
I mean, running is not like eating. It's not like 'so how's your carbonara?' or 'how's the new cookie flavoured kit kat?'
Is there something about running that I've missed? Like this hidden world where running's categorised into 'sweet', 'painful', 'sad' , 'salty', 'wet', 'crazy bitch' run etc.
Are you expecting something interesting to happen while I jog? I mean, hey it's only a jog around the track or park.
Do tell me. So that next time people ask me so how's your run I can say 'Man you're not gonna believe it, I saw a dog screwing a horse'.
How's that for 'how's your run'?