Sunday, January 07, 2007

The father of indo mee


Momofuku Ando. (1910 - 2007).

First the God father of Soul, now this.
"Peace will come to the world when the people have enough to eat," said the inventor of Nissin cup noodle.
I remember visiting the Ramen Museum last year.
There's this gigantic portrait of Ando. Of course, I've forgotten all about it until I read his obituary this morning.
He had a heart attack at the age of 97. Now, since he invented the whole thing, I assume he eats instant noodles regularly.
And he still lived till 97. I have a feeling he's kicking it with James Brown somewhere, eating his cup noodles.
I hope kids aren't reading this, because when their mothers give them shit for eating instant noodles, they'll say ' So what? The inventor lived till 97. You're half his age and have more wrinkles!' Ok, that was harsh. But tee hee hee.