Sunday, May 13, 2007

Transcendental Meditation


If you've seen me in KFC with a can of Pepsi Max today, I was reading this book.

Once you get over the guy's fetish over meditation and His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, it's actually a fun and inspirational read. In fact, you'll even feel jealous of him achieving all this mental tranquility and happiness.
AND survive Hollywood at the same time.
For Lynch, creativity, or the big idea comes from intuition. I'd like to offer the same advice sometimes, but that pretty much translates to 'either you have it, or you don't', which is not a piece of advice. It's more like a ticket for a ride up to the center of 'Why you shouldn't have asked for my advice because now you feel shit'.
Also, because I'm not a big shot film director.

My favorite, yet cliched line from the book:
If you do what you believe in and have a failure, that's one thing: you can still live with youself. But if you don't it's like dying twice. It's very, very painful.