Sunday, September 30, 2007

What's love got to do with it?

Recently I've been accused of being critical and having too high a standard and expectation of other people.
Although it was a rebuttal after I stripped my friend bare of her philosophy and the poor choice of her current relationship, it doesn't mean it's not true.
And last night was the dreadful night that I realised that I am a minority in terms of expecting my girlfriend to be my best friend as well.
I know. There are people who want their partners and best friends to be separated. Ergo, getting physical affection from one person, and sharing your thoughts, dreams, and life with another.
It's actually a very good investment. Say, if you do lose your partner, you have your back up best friend, and vice versa.
I guess I'm the type that will choose to show hand when it comes to shit like this. Double or nothing.
I'm just thinking about the day I'm fifty years old, and my wife is no longer attractive, and she doesn't appreciate black humour, hates dancing, refuse to go to the movies because she can't stand the smell of popcorn and teenage kids.

Then what?