Saturday, May 03, 2008

I have a blue house with a blue window.


Remember the last time you bought a digital camera, how you imagined all those wonderful things you were going to do with it?
The memories. The happiness. The close up shots. The 'perspective from a dog' shots. The portraits, self made CD covers. The journals. The flowers. The details. The things you swore you notice but other people do not. The excitement. The life.
And the next thing you know, the camera became a thing that you only notice when you get home, after emptying your bag. It became a thing you take for granted.

That's why I'm starting my own creative exercise. Once a week I'll try to document a specific theme and see where it leads.
I've already realised with the blue theme today, that blue is like Helvetica. You use it when you want to be neutral. When you don't really have much to say. When you want to show recovery and insurance.

And I think I never mentioned importing my photoblog to a new Flickr account. Well, now you know.