Sunday, January 18, 2009

Optimism.

Pantone, the professional colour standard provider has announced the colour of 2009: The Mimosa 14-0848 TCX, also known as yellow.

"The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance," explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. "Mimosa also speaks to enlightenment, as it is a hue that sparks imagination and innovation."

If I don't refer to the Pantone book whenever I'm in studio, I'd say that's a complete load of bullocks. But then again I do like yellow. I wonder when will pink ever be considered as colour of the year. Maybe the year we break out of the financial crisis. Or when Boy George get out of jail and run for Prime Minister.

Link via Spiekerblog.