Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tribute to Kodakchrome.


Kodak has decided to retire the Kodakchrome film, ending it's 74 year old run. Honestly I've never used, or been able to afford to use the film before, but somehow it's still sad to see another film die. One day it could be the Kodakchrome film, another could possibly mean film all together.

A couple of people have asked me recently the difference between film and digital. I get really annoyed by myself inside because I can't seem to explain or sell my bias towards film. This morning I've managed to relate that to driving a manual or an auto car.

The other day on a pre-shooting meeting I've got a person asking me: so what's a film? I've shot digital since young so I don't really know how it works. She was only probably a year younger than me or two.

It is pretty amazing to think how one day car manufacturers would stop making manual cars. I mean, is it even possible?