Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Monday is Novaday.


The movie is like Spike Jonze meet Mad Men meet Goodfellas, only not as good.

Once you realise it's Captain Jack Sparrows robbing a bank without his costume, like ' Shit, without me Black Pearl I have to lose the beard and me parrot', and Batman catching crime without his cape ' Alfred I'm too far away from the Batcave, this rifle will have to do', the movie became quite entertaining.

They tried too hard for the 'based on a true story' thing and made the movie very disjointed and random characters would run out and die or give a line during a horse race and bugger off and shit. Ironically, the movie altered a lot of actual historical facts. I was like man, if you're not going to follow facts, might as well bring back the pirates and Batarangs.

There's this scene which a woman got bashed up in a police interrogation. Not SLAP 'now speak, honey' but really like 'Hulk Smash' phonebook chucking with the elbow bashing. I was watching it, all intensed and shit, and then some girl in the audience shouted 'That's you, you fucker. That's what you do to me, you asshole!' And the cinema got REALLY awkward. I wasn't watching the movie anymore; I was trying to eavesdrop the couple with an abusive relationship. Few moments later the guy walked out, this large Indian looking man. Then the girlfriend followed suit. Not sure if they shared the same ride though.