Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1000.

It is quite a shock for me to realise that this is my 1,000th blog post. Even more that I've been blogging for five years. Five fucking years.

Looking back I think I've succeeded and failed at the same time.

I failed as a "successful blogger", meaning I didn't actually make any money out of it nor pursued to be on any "top bloggers" list. I didn't intentionally seek or construct anything funny just to prove a point. But the main reason that my blog sucked, and this is from my father, is that there isn't any point to it.

I bullshit about design, art, movies as if I'm qualified, I shameless put my dinners on display, I bitch about women, I confuse blogging with 'posting a comment after a YouTube clip'. Obviously I failed in a marketing terms of having a Single Minded Proposition. Yet in hindsight, I did whatever I wanted and I think it's a success of some sort. (With an attitude like that no wonder the blog sucked.)

Yet according to Google, there's a small group of people, and that includes you who're reading at this moment, who've been relentlessly following all the crap I've been churning. I'd like to thank you for putting up with my stench.

I know most of you have stopped commenting. But perhaps on this special occasion you'd be kind enough to drop a line and cite one thing you don't like about this blog. It'd be interesting to know.