Sunday, June 27, 2010

What I think about when I think in the shower.

I'll start with a joke.

"I don't understand why women want to be equal when they can be better than men. This shows a lack of ambition. And that's why men are better than women."

I love logic. And I love a joke that triumps with logic. The only reason I didn't put this joke as my facebook status is that I know I will get a backlash from Damien Rochford.

I have nothing against women. I think all capable beings should be rewarded. I am especially against discrimination before giving any opportunity.

But this is an argument for those who doesn't share that believe. And this is an argument which I am trying to hard to argue against in my own head.

So a woman wants to get educated and paid as much as her male colleague, yet insists on her boyfriend picking up the check during dinner.

Isn't that like an employee saying: "In my contract, I want to have the same salary as everyone else, but I refuse to work overtime, I will not take responsibility for my mistakes, and I want a corner office"?

Just thinking.