Friday, November 05, 2010

Uniqueue.



Looking at a couple of facebook updates I deduced that Uniqlo has finally branched out to Malaysia. And according to my Google search, people have been queuing up since 10pm the night before.
I know there's a certain amount of irony that I'm writing about Uniqlo, (check out the cool dancing chicks on the left!) but this amuses me just like when I saw a packed Cotton On shop in Malaysia. Like when I saw people queuing up for Mamak in Sydney. Like when I heard people were driving for an hour to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts when they first came to Melbourne (KK went out of business last week). Or the queue for the new iPad.
I'm gonna skip the 'what were they thinking' part and go straight to my conclusion: people don't queue up for the product; they queue up because they're unhappy.
I read a friend's status on facebook recently: there's always time to spend money. And what possibly possess people to think 'OMFG I'm running out of time to spend my money I gotta queue up' is something I probably cannot relate to easily.
But all in all, whatever you queued up for, can never live up to your expectation. Because the really good shit are normally reserved for someone else that didn't need to queue. And if the products are that awesome, you're gonna find them on the shelves one day. I don't doubt if I walk in to Optus now I can sign up for an iPhone without hassle.
And that's the moral of the story: at the end of the day, they just want your money. Don't surrender your time as well.