Saturday, September 03, 2011

Next station.


I designed some classroom signs recently.
Since it's for a Japanese language school, I had the idea of naming each classrooms according to the different cities in Japan. I designed them according to the style of the signs you see in train stations.
The teachers did notice them and gave positive feedback in general. (Mostly 'Kawaii~!')
But yesterday one of teachers gave out a cry and said 'Oh, you actually designed them individually and the directions do match the other classrooms!'
Apparently everyone thought I grabbed the signs from the internet and simply printed them out.
I'm not sure if I should feel happy that my ideas and design were so perfect that it went unnoticed, or sad that in general people really don't really pay attention to design.