Sunday, November 06, 2011

Auckland y ur advertising so good?


I may have said this before, but I'll say it again.
Auckland has really good advertising.
I took a photo of this billboard to show as proof.
Yes, it's nothing special. Yes, it's only a headline to sell a phone.
But if you've worked in a big agency or specifically, on a telco client, you'd appreciate how difficult it is to get the 'silly price' as part of an approved headline. (Not to mention the Galaxy S1 is a very, very outdated phone.)
Perhaps since the city is a small one, it is easier for agencies to get approval from the CEO him/herself, hence 'selling down' instead of the usual 'selling up'.
Sure I can show you the great rugby world cup ambient or hell pizza's swear word billboard or the interactive menus I've seen.
But to get a 3 word headline with a concept approved for Vodafone, I think that speaks louder on behalf of Auckland's advertising.