Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What I learned from The Avengers.

This is 2 months late, but I am slowly going through my 'things to blog' scribbles on my diary. So bear with me.
There's this scene in The Avengers movie which involved Stark Tower becoming a source of renewable energy.
And this is going to sound so corny, but somehow I related that to our ability to learn. 
Not literally like 'our ability to learn will open a portal that leads demons and monsters into our world'.
But more of an observation that our curiosity or ability to learn is never ending.

When I was still a student I was in this constant fear that I will run out of ideas. That one day I will become this empty vessel with no inspiration or insight to anything creative.
Little did I know that 6 years later, I would end up with too many ideas but not enough skills to match.

I guess what I'm saying is, when it comes to education, there's a tipping point where our reasoning and vocabulary (and what not) will automatically generate more reasoning and vocabularies. When children learn the alphabets, they can form words, and words to sentences. They will eventually expose themselves to more words and sentences and that becomes a renewal energy.
The only time we can run out of things to learn is when we've became so arrogant, lazy, or simply dead.