Saturday, September 24, 2005

Why don't we give it another go.


One day, my son, this would all be yours. What, the curtains?

I have to admit, I was afraid to watch this movie.
Call me old fashioned, but I find it difficult to stomach homosexuals. I used to remember this one time, just ONE split second I actually wondered if I'm gay.
And then staring at the pictures of Sharon Stone and Heidi Klum (hey it was the 90's), I thought: Who the fuck am I kidding, I'm fucking straight as Hatori Hanzo's swords.
Anyway, back to the 1997 movie Happy Together by, surprise surprise, Wong Kar Wai. It's about, hey hey! Gay couples.
It's really mind piercing at the beginning, when you actually see Tony Leung and Leslie Cheung having intense sex.
But after 40 minutes you sort of get the idea that they are GAY and there's nothing you can do about it.
So you're like, yea yea, I get it, you suck cock and drop soaps. So what's the story? What's gonna happen next?
Once you get past that stage, you start to appreciate the movie. I have to admit it is probably the best WKW movie.
It's a stand alone style. No Chungking Express double storylines, or the 1960s trilogy with Xavier Cugat soundtrack.
It's as far away as it can be from Hong Kong. A gay couple stranded in their relationship. And in Argentina.
There's a 'the making' section in the DVD. I find it as interesting as the movie itself. You realised how much plot the director actually cut off. And how complete the movie would be with the 'would be' characters and storyline.
I hate to admit it. But I like this faggoty movie. Maybe I'm biased with all the WKW madness in me.
And Tony Leung is hot. From a girl's perspective of course.