Sunday, April 30, 2006

I am Mitsui, and I never give up

Went to play basketball in Albert Park. There were like 20 courts in the hall. Omar and I were saying: OMFG! all the way in.
I guess it because the rim height is official, shots were easier to make. I actually had field goals, instead of the usual 0%.
Towards the end we got challenged by 4 Honkeys. We trashed them 11-1. For the first time in my life I made 4 three pointers.
Game 2, they were marking me like paper clips to magnet, yelling 'Do not let fatboy shoot!' 'I got fatboy!' 'Where's fatboy?' 'Fatboy's got ball! Shit!' 'Mark fatboy! Mark fatboy!'
I guess they assumed I don't understand Cantonese. Anyway, I didn't know how to feel. I'm flattered they thought I was good since I was a fluke in the previous game.
Yet at the same time I was 'fatboy'. Cue the Adam West Batman song: Nananananana Fatboy~ Nanananananana Fatboy~
And then I realised they were wearing yellow, green, blue and green. And our team was all black.
As if they're the Mighty Power Rangers, and we were the faceless black minions in spandex. It was quite surreal.
Song of the week: Things in Life by Dennis Brown.