Wednesday, May 10, 2006

You forgot to say HELLO!

Pigging out is a leisure. Sadly, I've lost my skill to overkill any amount of food served on the table.
This girl and I, we could not even finish a fried rice, fried noodle and some mince pork in Ying Thai this evening.
A year ago, I could easily devour all those food alone. I don't even need to think, my mouth would've acted faster than my brains.
But yea, the whole point of this post, is that when I was paying for the bill, I noticed the phone next to the cashier.
Yes, yes, that's pretty normal. Phone to take calls. Phone to make reservation. Phone to order fresh ingredients.
What struck me as interesting, was the piece of paper attached to the phone. A reminder, to be precise:

"Welcome to Ying Thai, how can I help you?" OR "Welcome to Ying Thai, may I help you please?"

So the restaurant's run by people who cook great food, but can't greet properly without looking at instructions.
Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo.