Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's a big word.


Because you're worth it.

I didn't learn the meaning until a few years ago. Because I hardly use 'grotesque' to describe a person. 'Fugly' is normally sufficient.
Anyway, the whole point of this book is that if your family's screwed up and you can't fit in to your school, you'll end up as a prostitute. I've always thought that, prostitution is just an occupation molded out of desperation. One would never use the body to make money if given a choice. 'If your daughter ends up being a stripper, you fucked up,' said Chris Rock.
But then this book proposes a different perspective. In fact, multiple perspectives, all justified. All quite believable.
I can relate to how important it is to get accepted in school. I can relate more to the deep hole of being an outcast.
But the leap between 'I'm not popular in school' and 'I can gain control of man by letting them screw me' is something I'm still failing to grasp. I know it exists, but I just cannot grasp it.

Also, the notion of 'being beautiful allows you to move to the top without skills or ability' is something we kinda figured it in our mind but will never openly accept it over a dinner conversation.
It's a good read. I finished it while we were moving in and out of our new place. Reminds me of muscle cramps.