Monday, February 02, 2009

The Whore wears Prada too.

Alright so I was feeling all shit house and watched The Devil Wears Prada on TV since I figured the use of brain cells would be unnecessary for the night.
I get the movie. It's not too bad. Girl loses herself in some Big Apple company and finally finds her way back. Cute. Good script.
I can't really criticise the nature of the movie because advertising is considered in the same ball park: Multi-billion dollar industry, not saving lives, promotes superficiality, guys with turtle neck and scarfs.

And I get why girls never bag the movie. The shoes. Simple.

What I don't get, is how Anne Hathaway got on 'a break' with her long term boyfriend, screwed a stranger (well to her credit, a charming one) and managed to get back with the boyfriend within a week.

So, the movie is about not losing yourself. But occasional whoring is alright.